The International Certificate in Investor Relations (ICIR) is an internationally recognised qualification in investor relations (IR). It is regarded as an essential pre-requisite for those entering the IR profession, and a valuable benchmark for those already in the profession.
Objective of ICIR
The qualification allows successful candidates to demonstrate their knowledge of the financial and market environment, the regulatory and reporting requirements for listed companies and their sound understanding of the principles of investor relations, which will enable them to operate competently and safely.
We offer 2 options - an in-person physical examination or an online examination.
1. In-Person Examination
Date: 8th Aril 2021
*Time: 11.30am - 12.30pm OR 1.00pm - 2.00pm
Venue: 12 Eu Tong Sen Street #08-169, SOHO 2, Clarke Quay Central, Singapore 059819
2. Online Examination
Candidates may select several options of dates and times from the following:
Date(s): 17 March 2021 | 26 March 2021 | 29 March 2021
*Time(s): 11.30am - 12.30pm | 1.00 - 2.00pm
However, do note that the final date and time allocated to each candidate will be determined by IRPAS at its absolute discretion.
Details of the qualification
- The qualification is for everyone working in investor relations or considering a move into investor relations, either in Singapore, the UK or overseas.
- The qualification is assessed by a one-hour examination comprising 60 multiple-choice questions, based on the topics set out in the syllabus.
- Candidates are advised to spend at least 50 hours of studying time, in additional to practising the mock exam, to prepare for the final exam.
- Candidates who passed the examination will be awarded the Certification jointly issued and recognised by both the IRPAS and IR Society UK.
Areas of Study
- INTRODUCTION TO INVESTOR RELATIONS
Provides an introduction and overview of the IR function; the key roles of the IRO; its internal and external audiences; what best practice IR looks like; the IR Society Code of Conduct
- FINANCIAL MARKETS
Provides an introduction to global financial markets; the major financial centres; investment styles of equity investors; debt investors and credit rating agencies
- CORPORATE ENTITIES AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Covers the type, formation and legal operation of a company and its governance
- MARKET CONDUCT
Covers the principles for the regulatory environment under which listed companies globally operate.
Looks at the periodic statutory reporting requirements for a listed company and the growing importance of non-financial disclosures.
- ACCOUNTING, VALUATION AND INVESTMENT PRINCIPLES
Introduces key accounting and valuation concepts
- EFFECTIVE IR IN PRACTICE
Provides commentary and practical tips for real world IR
- CURRENT IR ISSUES
In this section we have included a summary or policy updates that are relevant to IROs from the most recent editions of the IR Society’s quarterly publication, Informed. This will be updated on an ongoing basis and you will not be examined on the content in this section.
||Exam Fees (March - April)
IRPAS Members Benefits
Sign up for full-year IRPAS membership HERE to enjoy the discount.
- Following registration, if a candidate is subsequently unable to take the exam they must inform IRPAS in writing by two weeks prior to the commencement of the examination.
- If one month's written notice is received by IRPAS, a candidate will be allowed to delay the exam until the next sitting, subject to payment of an administration fee of $150.00 nett.
- If less than one month's written notice is received by IRPAS, a candidate will be allowed to delay the exam until the next sitting, subject to payment of an administration fee of $300.00 nett.
- If a candidate fails the exam and decides to retake, an administration fee of $200.00 nett will also be charged for each re-sit, up to a maximum of three times including the first sitting.
- If a candidate needs to take the exam more than three times they will be required to re-register and receive an updated set of study notes.
Course Fees and Payment Terms
- ONLINE CREDIT CARD: Click HERE.
- CHEQUE: Made payable to "Investor Relations Professionals Association (Singapore) Limited" and mail to
Secretariat, Investor Relations Professionals Association (Singapore) Limited
12 Eu Tong Sen Street #08-169, SOHO 2, Clarke Quay Central, Singapore 059819
- BANK TRANSFER/INTERNET BANKING: Make payment NETT OF ALL RECEIVING & PAYING BANK CHARGES to our bank account as follows:
For Telegraphic Transfer (bank fees payable by sender):
Account Name: Investor Relations Professionals Association (Singapore) Limited
Account Number: 350-369-129-7
Bank Name: United Overseas Bank Limited
Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 001 (Main)
Bank Address: 80 Raffles Place, UOB Plaza Singapore 048624
UOB SWIFT Code: UOVBSGSG
Please allow 2 weeks from the time payment is received for processing.
- Fees are refundable only in the event that IRPAS cancels the course.