International Certificate in Investor Relations
The Certificate in Investor Relations (ICIR) is an internationally recognised qualification in Investor Relations (IR). It is regarded as an essential pre-requisite for those entering the IR profession, and a valuable benchmark for those already in the profession.
This certification is administered in Singapore and jointly provided by the Investor Relations Society of UK and the Investor Relations Professionals Association (Singapore) (IRPAS).
Objective of ICIR
The ICIR ensures that the holder of the qualification has an appropriate level of factual knowledge of the regulatory requirements as well as the financial and market environment within which the practitioner is able to operate effectively.
Details of the qualification
- The qualification is for everyone working in investor relations or considering a move into investor relations, either in Singapore, the UK or overseas.
- The qualification is assessed by a one-hour examination comprising 60 multiple-choice questions, based on the topics set out in the syllabus.
- Candidates are advised to spend at least 50 hours of studying time, in additional to practising the mock exam, to prepare for the final exam.
- Candidates who passed the examination will be awarded the Certification jointly issued and recognised by both the IRPAS and IR Society UK.
AREA OF STUDY
- INTRODUCTION TO INVESTOR RELATIONS
Provides an introduction and overview of the IR function; the key roles of the IRO; its internal and external audiences; what best practice IR looks like; the IR Society Code of Conduct
- FINANCIAL MARKETS
Provides an introduction to global financial markets; the major financial centres; investment styles of equity investors; debt investors and credit rating agencies
- CORPORATE ENTITIES AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Covers the type, formation and legal operation of a company and its governance
- MARKET CONDUCT
Covers the principles for the regulatory environment under which listed companies globally operate.
Looks at the periodic statutory reporting requirements for a listed company and the growing importance of non-financial disclosures.
- ACCOUNTING, VALUATION AND INVESTMENT PRINCIPLES
Introduces key accounting and valuation concepts
- EFFECTIVE IR IN PRACTICE
Provides commentary and practical tips for real-world IR
- CURRENT IR ISSUES
In this section, we have included a summary or policy updates that are relevant to IROs from the most recent editions of the IR Society’s quarterly publication, Informed. This will be updated on an ongoing basis and you will not be examined on the content in this section.
Examination Dates & Registration Fees
Please check our Events Calendar for the latest ICIR Exam Dates as well as current course fees.
IRPAS Members Benefits
Sign up for full-year IRPAS membership HERE to enjoy discounted registration fees.